The LORD appeared to him from afar, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness (Jeremiah 31:13).
God’s lovingkindness is all around me, and I see Him pulling me in tighter and tighter==closer to Him and closer to understanding and enjoying intimacy with Him. Here are a few of His compassionate drops of mercy in my life:
1) Knowledge of salvation and eternity
2) A wonderful husband and daughter
4) Goals with eternal purpose
5) A wonderful community of believing friends
6) Gifts to show God’s glory
7) Travel–connecting to the larger body of Messiah around the world.
But my life wasn’t alway like this. Once I was at war with God, miserable in my existence, depressed, and lonely. I tried to commit suicide at age 25. Imagine in my early twenties, despairing of life so much to end it. But God rescued me. Breathed life into me. Made me a new creation. He has drawn me by His lovingkindness to show me His everlasting love.
I am so grateful for God’s display of lovingkindness in my life. He is showing me over and over that His love lasts forever. That is a concept I can’t quite wrap my mind around. But my spirit says, “Yes, yes, yes!”