You’re Not in Texas When…

… the roof tops are made of straw.

… the tree tops are flat.

… walking is the best form of transportation around.

… you don’t have to worry about locking the door.

… umbrellas are good in rain or shine.

… Tom Sawyer hasn’t painted the fence white yet.

… little girls play in the field in long, purple dresses.

… the acacia tree grows wild.

… the only thing better than a cup of Joe is another cup of Joe.

… poinsettia grow all year long.

… weaving is a way of life.

… monkeys beg from the table instead of cats or dogs.

… monkeys are a delightful source of entertainment.

… you don’t worry about the neighbors living too close.

… the cradle of civilization makes your own world seem shallow.

… you begin to understand the meaning of true riches.

… every child captivates your heart.

… earthly treasures are few but faith is rich.

Yes, we have returned from Ethiopia. And yes, it was life changing.

18 Comments Add yours

1. Susan Sears says:

Those pics were a blessing. I am currently in India with Kay papusch S….

2. Bonnie says:

Susan, thanks! Have a great journey in India. Come and see me sometime.

3. Syble Griffing says:

LOVED the post!!! LOVE you!!!!!

4. Shawn Mansell says:

Those are awesome!

5. Bonnie says:

Thanks, Syb!

6. Bonnie says:

Shawn, I appreciate that!

7. David Katz says:

Very nice. POutstanding pictures and nice simple loving text.

Are you back? Please call so that we can get together again before you leave again.

8. Stacie says:

Ms. Bonnie…again you leave me weeping with gratitude for you and the MJBI. Thank you for sharing your incredible talents for all the world to view. What a blessing you and Wayne are! Thank you for going where He calls. Love you bunches!

9. mark anthony says:

In-spir-at-ion-al.

10. Bonnie says:

Great to hear from you, David. Yes, we will call you.
    Stacie, aww, thank you. We sooo look forward to seeing the team at home again soon. You are important players. We couldn’t do it without YOU.
    Mark, wow, I am so blessed that you stopped by and left a comment. Hope all is going well with the honeymooners.

1. mark anthony says:

I always keep up with Bonya! It’s one of the best blogs there is.

11. Sarah Showalter says:

Captivating! Thank you for sharing, Bonnie

12. Wayne Wilks says:

Great, Bonnie. What a privilege to learn from these humble and dear people.

13. lamarhowell says:

Great pictures Bonnie. I like the one about treetops being flat. Acute/astute observation.

14. Jerry says:

This is great Bonnie, you are able to walk among another culture and let the Spirit of God show you how He is expressing Himself in their mist. Also God lets you serve them with the good things from our culture.

In the millennium we will sit down with all the tribes and nations and learn of the redemptive aspects God built into their cultures. I look forward to the interactions we will have in New Jerusalem as we meet others that have brough from their nations the splendor, glory and honor God blessed us with. Rev.21

We have got so much to learn from each other.

15. Bonnie says:

Jerry, Thanks for the comment and stopping by to read my blog. Yes, I look forward to the days when every tribe and nations will sit at the Master’s feet. God bless you in Romania!

16. Bonnie says:

Lamar,

I love those flat-topped trees too. I will post some photos of other trees that look like they are from a fairy tale.

17. Mom says: